Sunday, January 10, 2010

Two FOs!!


I finished two projects this weekend!  Only one counts towards my 10 in 2010 goal though.  The french press cozy I knit and felted in 2009, but I sewed on the buttons and added some (not very good) embroidery this weekend :)  I didn't have a pattern for this project.  I just grabbed some black worsted weight wool, size 9 needles, and started knitting in st st.  When I thought it was long enough, I made some button holes, knit for a few more rows, and cast off.  Then I threw it in the wash and felted it up a bit.  And now Kev and I have a nice replacement for the towel we were using to keep out coffee warm.



I made the baby sweater for my sister's baby (she is also expecting).  I was determined to get it finished before her oldest son's birthday party this afternoon so I could give it to her in a timely fashion.  And voila!  The pattern is Leigh Radford's Baby Bolero from One Skein.  It knit up really quickly.  I used Berroco Comfort yarn in worsted weight.  This was my first experience with Comfort.  I liked it ok.  It split a bit too much for my taste, but it is very soft and will be nice and comfortable when the new baby comes.



No comments:

Post a Comment