Monday, January 18, 2010

In Search of Soak Wash


I have off work today, which is lovely.  I plan on having lunch with a friend, and then I am going on a mission to find some Soak Wash.  I've heard great things about this no-rinse wash for hand knits, but I've never tried it.  Finances being what they are, I'm trying to find some in a local store so that I won't have to pay for shipping.  Unfortunately, not many places around me carry the stuff.  I have a few finished projects that really need to be washed and blocked, so here's hoping I can locate a bottle today.

However, if I am unsuccessful, I do have a back-up plan.  Kaleidoscope Yarns, one of my favorite online yarn stores, sells Soak Wash.  They also sell a bit of Malabrigo lace yarn, which is used in one of the projects I was seriously considering (Citron by Hilary Smith Callis).  This project would help me fulfill one of my goals for 2010 (knitting myself something).  Plus, it only calls for one skein, so it would fit better in the budget.  Unfortunately, this plan does not fit in January's budget (see finances comment above), so I would have to make myself wait to order until February.  Wish me luck with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment