Saturday, January 9, 2010

New

Everything is new this year.  I know, everything is new everyday of every year, but there are a few things that feel decidedly new.  Like the fact that I'll birth a child this year.  Still not used to that idea.  I'm not really one for New Year's resolutions, plus I'm about 9 days late, but I do have some goals for 2010.

Goal #1:  Birth a healthy child.
Goal #2:  Knit 10 projects, at least one of which is for me, and one of which is for Kev.
Goal #3:  Read 10 books.

I feel like I have a pretty good start on goal #1 (we'll see come March).  And actually, I've already started two projects since the new year.  But I never knit for myself, and I rarely knit for Kev.  So goal #2 is really about spreading the love around.  As for goal #3, I feel like I stopped reading once I graduated from college.  Pretty bad for an English major.  So my goal is to read more.  First book on my list: Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting by Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn.  I'm a big fan of Jon Kabat-Zinn so I'm sure this will be a helpful book.  I guess I should really finish this one by March :)

No comments:

Post a Comment