Monday, January 31, 2011

Goals

It’s still January, so I feel like I can still post some goals for 2011.

Goal #1:  Be happier.  My default state of mind seems to be “stressed.”  I would like to change this to “happy.”  It might take me all year, or the rest of my life, but I’m really going to renew my efforts this year.

Goal #2:  Be more organized.  I’ve got myself a mommy planner, I’ve updated my ravelry queue, and I’ve started an account on Mint.  Surely this is my year for organizational success.  I used to be organized.  But then I graduated, and slowly began to unravel all the organizational skills I had picked up over the years.  So 2011 is my year to change my lens from “student” to “mommy” and get my home and my mind into shape (organizationally speaking).

Goal #3:  Knit myself a sweater.  Seriously, 2011 is my year.

Goal #4:  Knit a pair of socks.  I’m thinking I might tie this in with Goal #5.

Goal #5:  Knit Kev something.  Sorry Kev, baby knits are just so tempting.  But this year, you’ll get one too, I promise.

Goal #6:  Be a nicer, more patient momma.  This is directly connected to Goal #1.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m no terror, but patience has never been a strong suit of mine.  Maybe this year, I will learn patience.  Hey, it worked for Luke Skywalker, the learning patience part I mean.



And now let’s check in on my goals from last year:

Goal #1:  Success!
Goal #2:  Well...almost.  No projects for me, but one is in the works!  And no projects for Kev.  See Goal #5 above ;-)
Goal #3:  Ha!  I've just deleted the list entirely.  I think I read about 3 books, maybe.  It's read or knit.  We all know what wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment