Saturday, June 9, 2012

Spacey Lace Cowl

Sometimes my daughter and I find ourselves in Hobby Lobby, just for something to do.  I can't imagine how that happens.  Well one day I happened upon this pretty yarn by Patons.  And hanging right next to the yarn was this lovely pattern.  Well it only called for one ball.  So of course I bought the yarn, took the free pattern, and started myself a lovely cowl in the middle of summer. 
I'm calling it my Spacey Lace Cowl because I knit most of it while watching Doctor Who, my new obsession.  I'd like to say it's the new show I've discovered, but let's be honest and call it what it is, the new obsession.  The best part about this pattern is that the lace pattern was easy to memorize, even for me.  So it was good late at night, watching tv knitting.  I also like the way the cowl looks good on both sides.
And the absolute best part, besides the lovely blue color, is the sequins.  I'm a sucker for sparkly things.
This is the first cowl I've knit, and I definitely don't think it will the the last.  Next up, my Allons-y scarf.  Told you it was an obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment