Monday, May 21, 2012

Iced

Ok so this has been completed for a wee bit now.  But I could never seem to find the time to put the dang thing on while Kev was home and have him take a photo.  We finally managed to today!
Not my best picture...
This was a great first sweater.  I should clarify, I've been making baby sweaters for years, so this was a great first adult sweater.  But I think it would be a perfect project for someone looking to progress past the easy stage of scarves.

I used Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky in a beautiful blackberry color.  Very courageous for someone who always wears shades of gray.  And it goes very nicely with an old Gap scarf I had lying around.  Works nicely as a belt.
As for modifications, I added a bit of length to the sleeves, and to the bottom so it would hit right at my hips.  But I have a real issue with row gauge, so I am not surprised that I had to knit a bit more.  Luckily, I had plenty of yarn.  I have some left over, so I'm thinking of Bella's Mittens.  I do so enjoy themed things!

Next up, a pretty lace cowl in Patons Lace Sequin .  I know it may be out of season, but couldn't resist the sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment