Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Heartwarmer....for me?

Yep.  I found Heartwarmer on ravelry, and immediately wanted to make it for Evy.  It's such a wonderfully old-fashioned looking piece, and I thought it would be perfect for early Fall wear.  So I picked out a lovely pink color of Knit Picks Andean Silk, which is a blend of alpaca, merino wool, and silk (note: pretty sure this yarn has since been discontinued).
Ok so long story short, I knit the thing up in the bigger size, blocked it using my kookaburra wool wash, sewed the buttons on, and tried it on Evy.  Who promptly refused to wear it.  She emphatically told me, "No! No!" and then pointed to me, "Mommy, Mommy."  Which is Evy speak for, "You do it."  So after taking a deep breath and reminding myself that Evy is all of 18 months and cannot be expected to appreciate hand knits, I tried on the shawl.  And you know what?  It's itchy.  This yarn of merino wool, alpaca, and silk is itchy.  Maybe the girls in my little family are just uber-sensitive.  So I'm using it, as a scarf neck warmer type thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment