Sunday, April 25, 2010

6 Degrees Game

They say that some women go a little crazy when they become new moms.

I admit it, I watch tv while breastfeeding my baby.  I've tried to be mindful and simply sit and be, but I usually fall asleep if I do that.  So I mindfully watch a movie instead.  I've made it through many viewings of New Moon, seasons 1 & 2 of The West Wing, and a few disaster movies (gotta love those).  But I started to get a little bored, so I decided to create a game for myself.  I call it The 6 Degrees Game. 

Here's how it works (I can't believe I'm explaining this):  You start with a movie in your movie collection.  Then, while watching the film, choose an actor in the film that appears in a different film in your dvd collection.  Keep working your way through your dvd collection in this manner until you hit a dead end, or until the baby is sleeping nicely and you can do something productive.  Like explain your crazy dvd game on your blog. 

And oh yes, I will keep my dvd 6 Degrees log here, just for fun :P

Start: 
America's Sweethearts - Alan Arkin (playing the Wellness Guide); was also in Get Smart (playing The Chief)
Get Smart - Anne Hathaway (playing Agent 99) was also in Nicholas Nickelby (playing Madeline Bray)
Nicholas Nickleby - David Bradley (playing Nigel Bray) was also in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (playing Argus Filch)
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

1 comment:

  1. I like it. This is much more sohisticated than me going, "Hey, who is that? Do you know who that is? I KNOW that FACE!" the whole time we're watching a movie. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete